The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

2011 - Last of the Chrome Bumpers - Lardner's Park Warragul - 2nd October

You could not have asked for a more beautiful day for indulging in your passion for Vintage cars, Classic cars, Hot Rods, Trucks, Stationary engines and Caravans. Take your pick, they were all there in good numbers.

Rather than me trying to to set the scene, let me quote (or should I say borrow) an excellent overview of the days activities from my good friend Grant from Gippsland, with a posting from his "Monty the Chev" blog.  http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com/2011_10_01_archive.html

Prior to meeting Grant at Lardner's Park, I motored from The Basin to Narre Warren to join up with fellow members of the Dandenong Valley Historic Car Club  http://www.dvhcc.com.au
and drive up in convoy to Warragul. In my case a round trip of 175 K's or 110 miles.

I was also treating today as a testing session as I have been working to make the Chev more "pleasant" to drive at 45 mph. Very pleased to report that the Chev now behaves better at highway speeds of 45 to 50 mph.

The only potential drama on the trip up to Warragul was a number of car breaking pot holes, which is pretty poor for a major highway. Luckily I was travelling behind a very nice little MGB GT V8, and every time he ducked and weaved I did the same, if you could say a 28 Chev ducks and weaves like a MGB GT. Not really. Having hit one at 80 K's you would not want to hit one in your daily drive at 100 K's.

I have posted  some photos below which I hope you will enjoy. Well done to the organisers for a great event. I'll be back next year.









































And just to finish off, a few photos of some of the DVHCC members enjoying the beautiful weather.






No comments:

Post a Comment