The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Drive Them, Drive Them Again, And Then Drive Them Some More

Postscript to my 110 mile trip to Lardner's Park at Warragul yesterday. I started the Chev this afternoon, fired in less than 2 seconds, pushed in the choke straight away, fully advanced, ran like a dream.

These cars are meant to be driven, driven regularly, and driven for a distance at a moderate to quick speed.

My Chev always runs better during a trip after about 10 miles.

So to anyone with a vintage machine that only fires up once a month or so, drives a few miles around the burbs, and then put away for another few weeks:

Get out there and drive the bugger, it will do the owner as much good as the car.

This message is also applicable to trailer queens, parade princesses, or I'll just drive once around the block cause the traffic is a bit heavy.

Use it or sell it!

No comments:

Post a Comment