The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Sign for My Chev Shed or a Prompt for a A Sea Change - Who Knows?

Below is a sign that Grant, my good mate from Gippsland made for me as a surprise. It will hold a special place in my Chev shed, as soon as I can find a suitable location after a good clean up and reorganization of the work area.

I look at it and wonder what might have been if I knew as much about old Chevs 30 years ago as I know now. A different direction in life, a vocation that matched a hobby, we will never know.

A few words and a bit of artwork on a piece of plastic are now a valued possession along with the other bits and pieces that make up my Chev stuff.

Thanks Grant, for the sign, and your friendship.

I look forward to the two of us driving our 28's around in convoy, and make sure you keep a week or two spare in your diary in 2028.



No comments:

Post a Comment