The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

1929 Chevrolet Tourer (or is it a 1930)


This posting is from the web site of

Unique And Classic Cars Site Map


http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/classifieds/index.php?a=2&b=4218

This beautiful Chev Tourer is listed as a 29, but I think it may be a 30, as the dash on the 29 should be the same as my 28. But I am not an expert on Chevs after 28, except for my favourite model, a 32 Confederate.

But one thing is for sure, its a very nice unit.












2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's a 1930 model AD, as evidenced by the internal expanding drum brakes, shock absorbers, fuel gauge on the dash, and raked windscreen.
    The 1929 AC had external contracting brakes, no shock absorbers, fuel gauge in the tank, and a nearly vertical windscreen.
    The wooden wheels are not standard, the AD came with 19" wire wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete