The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

1938 Lasalle restored by Les Francis is finished and on the road. (Aus)

For those regular viewers of my blog, you would have seen the February posting below, detailing how close the 38 Lasalle was to being completed.

http://my28chev.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/beast-lives-1938-lasalle-is-about-to.html

Very pleased to let you know that Les had the car passed for club permit registration on Friday 22nd June.

I saw the new baby this afternoon, and its impressive, but as I say, the pictures below will tell the story better than I can.

Well done Les, I am sure you will have many years of enjoyable, and comfortable motoring.















































1 comment:

  1. Well done Les. I cannot comprehend how quickly you have got this car back on the road, especially with some of the physical set backs you've had. Congratulations!!!!! Kevin

    ReplyDelete