The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Monty the 1928 Chev is eating up those country miles

The folowing posting is from Grant's blog  http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/

 Gidday,

Is lov'in this springtime weather and today being a Saturday was no exception.... blue skies, no wind and sun everywhere!

In between mowing the lawns, pruning some trees, running the kids around and cleaning up the yard I was able to get a couple of good runs in the Chevy today and that little 35hp engine is running very nicely indeed, no miss fires now and today I covered 69 miles or approx 115kms




Again 47 mph (72 kph) is a very comfortable speed to travel at with the odd run over the 50ish mark but only on rare occasions but it is eager to do that and does not feel sluggish at all, I also have been using a satnav GSP to check the speed accurately and the original speedo although it bounces about a little is pretty much bang on the money.




My son Codi had to be in Warragul by mid afternoon as he had been ask to play his guitar at a function/party later tonight out at Noojee, so we put his amp, gear and 2 x guitar cases in back and we both headed off down the Princes Hwy which a bit of fun....









Anyway all went well, no stumbles or running repairs and today distance of 115 km is the furthest yet that I have travelled in one day in the ole banger..

I have my eyes on a return trip to Melbourne by Christmas which will be a total of 245kms... Easy!!
 

Ray's comment

"Grant, I have no doubt that you will make it."

No comments:

Post a Comment