The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What better memories than to say "My Dad was born in this car"





Could there be any more motivation to restore an old Chev than this....................

This following is from the blog of my good mate Grant Fowler

http://montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au/

Gidday,

Again the other night a message left on my phone that went something along the lines of this -

"Hi Grant, I have been following your Monty the Chev blog from the early days and would like to have a chat and find out a few things, we have pulled an old Chev out from the shed and have started a rebuild"..

I returned the call after dinner and was soon talking to Graeme, a lovely fella from Bathurst in NSW Australia, he had a great story to tell and again the ole 28 Chevrolet has been in their family for many years, well actually for its entire life as his grandfather had brought the car new, drove it for years and finally left it in the shed on the family farm and then yesterday an email landed on my desk with these photos below and also attached were these words -

"Hi Grant. A few photo's of the old chevy as we dug it out of the shed, as
you can see it has been there for a long time, actually about 45 years, like
I said my grandfather bought this new in 1928 and I only found out a couple
of years ago that my dad was born in the car. Over the last 12 months I have
spent a few thousand dollars on it and it's not far of being started since
the motor rebuild, I still have to get the clutch plate, bearings, brakes,
shackles all sorted before I can drive it yet. If you have any information
on contacts where I can get wooden parts and mechanical parts that would be
really helpful. I spoke to Ray yesterday as well and I will have to send him
some pics as well.  Thanks again for your help and one day we might be able
to catch up and have a yarn."














The restoration of the body begins








Best of luck with the resto Graeme and call out if you need anything.

Cheers Grant

Great posting Grant, and all the best to Graeme and his restoration.

Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment