The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

1927 Chev Bus, what a beauty

Found this on Ebay. Wouldn't it be a great head turner cruzing around the streets

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1927-Chevrolet-Capitol-8-seat-vintage-bus-/281266864636?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item417ccfc1fc

And the Ebay posting reads............

Here is a chance to grab a one of a kind restored eight seat vintage bus with full NSW rego used as a promotional vehicle for my business and no longer required. This vehicle was lovingly restored over three years by a retired mechanic.

The bus is based on a Chevrolet Capitol one ton truck which has been modified into a eight seat bus as available in the USA in the 1920s. It still runs all the original motor and running gear.











3 comments:

  1. That’s a nice vintage bus, Ray. If only I can buy this, I’ll be one of the happiest collectors in the world. Based on these photos, I can say that it was properly maintained by the previous owner. I just hope that the new owners will take good care of it too. By the way, is this sold already? :)

    Neil Canipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Neil it is a great vintage bus... I wanted to thank you for the blog you wrote Sept 12, 2012 Re: The Best Wrecking Yard Auction of All Times. I thought you did a great job with all the photos, links, etc. I wanted to make sure to let you know that the cars are going to be Auctioned June 7, 2014 in Enid, Oklahoma. VanDerBrink Auctions will be the company that will be handling the sale. Hemmings Motors also had a article on Feb 28, 2014 with the title "Contents of salvage yard that closed in 1953 heading to auction". I would really love to meet you if you can make it out to Enid in June. Thank you Ray for taking the time to really show the country some really great pictures that brings us back to the good ole days. Looking forward to reading more of your Blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gena and Neil for you great comments. What a beautiful Bus, I wish I had the money to buy it. Very pleased you like the posting.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete