The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

A Father, a son and a 1928 Chev Roadster

Grant Fowler posted this on face book today after it was sent to him.
 
Another email landed on my desk about my Chev blog, it reads - 
 
"Hi Grant,

 I just came across you blog about your 28 Chev.

 Thank you so much --- brought back so many memories of my dad and I doing our 28 Chev Roadster. Same colour as yours !! So many similarities as well....


 My Dad has passed, nearly 14 years now, but I still feel him with me everyday as i work on my toys.
 
Our 28 is due for a redo soon and I sincerely hope my son will be interested in helping me.

 We are from WA but moved 8 years ago --- I made sure i shipped our 28 out with us.

 Again thanks for the blog, thanks for the inspiration boost. A few tears shed while reading it --- in such a nice way.

 My Dad was a motor engineer of the finest sort , started his apprenticeship in 1936 and worked his way up director of Sydney Atkinson Motors the state distributor for Holden and GM.
 
His passion was Buick but he loved his 28 Chevs --"last of the fours, first of the four wheel brakes" he would comment ad nauseum. 

 Again all the best 

 Hope to catch up one day, maybe..
 
I love reading them, cheers

www.montythe1928chevrolet.blogspot.com.au





Mike also added this about his Chev
"PS; Mine is a commercial roadster, no dickie seat. Found it in Bedfordale, once an orchard, now a suburb in the Perth hills. All that was missing was the trunk lid, it had not been cut down like so many. The old Italian orchardist had simply plonked a water pump in the boot. we made a very basic boot lid for it and I must try and get some pics of an original."
"That's my Dad in the Dust coat. I still have those meters in my workshop and still use them."
Nice story and its a great car Mike, good luck with the resto and I will be in touch soon.
Cheers Grant Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment