The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Never Too Old to Learn about old Chevs

Many thanks to Steve Lake, who has a 28 and 29  Chev and follows my blog.

Steve rang me tonight to suggest I check both torque tubes and tail shafts as he thought the 28 was longer than the 29.

He was right, and thanks Steve for saving me a lot of work and possible drama down the track.

So I can use the diff, the axles and the rest I will swap.

Bit of a bugger as the uni end of the 29 is not as worn as the 28, but as they say.... it happens.


Thanks again Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment