The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Day 91 - 28 Chev Ute Restoration (7th February 2016)

Pleased to say I am back into it, even though its in a small way. I had a few parts in the molasses tank while I was overseas, and took them out, pressure washed, checked them, and put them back in another week or two, if nothing else to soften a few original areas of paint here and there.

First up was a very good set of rear brake drums, looking very good and well serviceable. Appear to be after market, made by Paton"s Brakes (PBR) with a part number of PBR13.



Next up was a 29 disc wheel for a mate, Terry Petredis. Also looking very good, with just a few more rust areas to dissolve and a bit of paint here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment