The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

A second change of Rear Springs for the Red Chev

You may remember a few months back I changed the rear springs for a softer pair.

Sad to say after a few rides, they are way to soft and the thumps and bumps previously felt turned into a bouncey, bouncey.

Comfortable but not that safe, more importantly close to bottoming out.

I was going to hold off till just before the Chev 4 Tour in September, but have now fast tracked the job.

I am going to drive a young couple to a school formal next weekend, and did not want to run the risk of bottoming out or worse.

So.......................... that all leads to this.

Cleaned up a good set of springs, they came up very nice, look at the difference.



A coat of prime and full gloss black, and all being well will install them tomorrow.



PS. After a lay off from the ute restoration since January, while I went overseas to see my new grand child, and currently making a shed to store Chev parts in, it felt good to be back working on Chev parts.

Once the shed is completed, and parts sorted, I will be back into the ute restoration, full steam ahead.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment