The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2016

28 Chev complete running gear for sale (Cranbourne, Vic)

If your looking for an engine , gearbox or the complete running gear for a 28 Chev, take a look at this.

The asking price for the full running gear is $2,000











The listing on eBay is as follows


As the title suggests I have for auction a full running gear, brakes and suspension for a 1928 Chevy passenger car.

So far I have determined that the brakes function, the handbrake functions, the clutch will stop it from rolling if it's in gear and when depressed will allow it to roll.

 I have had the engine running but now it kind of gets a cough and that's about it. I am thinking it's somehow carby or distributor advance settings, or a bit of both. 

Basically, if it's to do with drivetrain, brakes or suspension and bolts to the chassis, then it's for sale.

I also have the split rims, which were removed as it's easier to roll backwards and forwards without the 4 knackered old flat tyres.

I would prefer to sell the whole lot of and have listed it that way, if it doesn't sell all together with this listing, I may consider parting it out.

I have another listing for parts from this car and will have more to come. 

If there's any part you need not on my listings, please feel free to ask if I have it.

Please call or text any questions on 0403131451, thanks 

I can also sms a video of the motor when it fired up first kick

No comments:

Post a Comment