The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Friday, August 12, 2016

Frame Off Restoration of a 59 Chev Belair in Belgium

I know its not a Vintage Chev, but I always love to see a frame off resto.

Below is part 1


Hello everyone, I am Chris from Belgium I am started the full restoration of my Chevy few weeks ago and I would like to share this work with you ;-) (sorry for my english it's not really perfect..)

Well, my chevy it's a 59 Belair 2 doors with 283ci V8 engine. I bought it in Germany in 2014, the car was imported from L.A. (she has a long history )



The car is looking good but it's not in really great condition, the last paint job was (badly) made and there are a lot of rusty place.. I think they made this "bad" work only for selling

The easiest part (or not?), disassembly :



The rusty floor pan...


The front end ..


Rusted rear window



Now the car is ready for frame-off, only 4 bolts broken


body up!



After inspection the frame is still in good condition


Homemade rotisserie


And the result, thanks to my friend for this great job!


now, we can disassemble the frame




X-frame (+body)


The next step, frame and body sanding..

Thanks for watching  

No comments:

Post a Comment