The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Friday, June 30, 2017

27 Chev Truck Update from Bernie of Belgium

Received an email from Bernie, the engine strip down is underway.

His email was .........


Ray hello,

Yesterday I dropped the cylinder head, what simplicity compared to the modern engines or everything is concentrated and difficult to access ... After an initial examination, the cylinder head to air in good condition 2 or 3 valves are blocked, but the joint plane is perfect, no crack, the two screws of the thermostat housing and the thermostat is damaged, we find thermostats rebuilt ?. With regard to the engine, it was blocked since they are inactivity. 

I had spun it by hand a few years ago with a mixture of oil and petrol. Yesterday, breech cylinder I spilled this same mixture in the cylinders after cleaning the scale and a crank the engine returns freely ... I attached some photos, if you could give me your opinion regarding the condition ? Following the next issue ...

PS: I always have as much fun to browsing the lot of page on your blog ....
Thank you.
Greetings.
Bernie









I also found fiberglass... front and rear fenders for truck & car in Australia, I joined the link ....





No comments:

Post a Comment