The purpose of this Blog

This blog is to detail my 50 years (1973 - 2023) with a 1928 Chevrolet tourer, affectionately called "The Red Chev".

The acquisition, restoration, improvements and my experiences over the years are covered in as much detail as I can remember.

Some of the later postings include car club outings and other vintage car items that I hope will be of interest to people.

If you have the time, scroll back to where it all began in 1973 and follow the journey so far.

Thanks for dropping by.

Regards Ray Dean


See my new section "The Red Chev - Repairs, Improvements, Maintenance and Technical Details" located on the left hand side of the screen.




Pages

Monday, June 19, 2017

Welcome to Bernard from Belgium and his 1927 Chev One Ton Truck

I recently received an email from a blog reader in Belgium, and with Bernard's permission I am posting his emails and pictures, hoping there is a Chev enthusiast close to him that can assist with the body parts that he requires to complete the restoration of his 1927 one ton truck.

OK Chev 4 guys, lets see if we can help a fellow restorer

1st email

Hello, I live in Belgium, close to the circuit of Spa-Francorchamps if you know ? I have a Chevrolet 1Ton truck from 1927 that belonged to my wife's Dad. When he stopped the farm, I picked up the Chevrolet truck that my wife had driven into the meadows being young ! Some time ago, I researched on the internet to gather information, parts references, photos, etc ... That's when I saw your blog and since then I revel in your texts, photos and information ! It is a real pleasure to go through this mine of information. I would like to write to you to share this passion with 15000 KM distance ? I shall be pleased to converse with you, in order to perfect my acquaintance. My language, is French and I beg you to apologize in advance for my google translate English ..... Thank you. Greetings. Bernard.

2nd email

I am pleased with your response and very happy to be able to count on your help. My name is Bernard or Bernie, I am 56 years old, my wife Marie or Mary and my son Benjamin at 17 years old. I have two 1987 Ford Mustang and this 1 ton Chevrolet truck from 1926, 1927 or 28.The parts for this, is very rare in Belgium, one day. 20 years ago, by chance, I found at the bottom of à old garage à complete rear axle with suspensions.... This truck has been in the family forever, registration paper are from 1926, the look is 1927, the engine is from 1928 with a 4 speed gearbox !

There are certainly a few Chevrolet trucks of those years in Belgium, but I have never seen any other .... On the other hand I have seen several cars of this years. I am looking for body parts such as front and rear wings, right running board, splash apron, hood, engine, rear wood spoke wheel, engine, etc .... 

Greetings.
Bernard Raskin


3rd email


Ray hello,
Your idea is great, it is true that with the number of people who frequent the blog, there is way to reach many people. Thank you for this proposal !
I found in Holland a running board left practically nine reference n ° 347645 but I miss the right n ° 347644. The splash and radiator apron are at first sight available at Howell Sheet Metal www.fordor.com (request in progress)
The front and rear fenders, the engine hood and the wooden rear wheels are the main parts !
Do not hesitate to ask me for more information or photos which could be useful ....
A big thanks.
Greetings.
Bernard









No comments:

Post a Comment